LG ICC award winners declared
- ICC Cricketer of the Year – Mitchell Johnson
- Test Cricketer of the Year – Mitchell Johnson
- Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year – Sarah Taylor
- ODI Cricketer of the Year – AB de Villiers
- Emerging Cricketer of the Year – Gary Ballance
- Associate and Affiliate Cricketer of the Year – Preston Mommsen
- T20 International Performance of the Year – Aaron Finch
- T20I Women’s Cricketer of the Year – Meg Lanning
- Spirit of Cricket Award – Katherine Brunt
- Umpire of the Year – Richard Kettleborough
- LG People’s Choice – Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has won the top ICC awards for 2013-14, being named the Cricketer of the Year, as well as Test Cricketer of the Year.
South Africa’s AB de Villiers was named ODI Cricketer of the Year, while Australia’s Aaron Finch won the T20 performance award for his 156 off 63 against England at the Rose Bowl in August.
England’s Gary Ballance was named Emerging Cricketer of the Year, while Sarah Taylor was named the Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year and Meg Lanning, the Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year.
Scotland’s Preston Mommsen got the Associate and Affiliate Cricketer of the Year award, and umpire Richard Kettleborough was named Umpire of the Year.India seamer Bhuvneshwar Kumar had previously been declared the winner of the People’s Choice award.
The winners were picked based on their performance between August 26, 2013, and September 17, 2014. In that period, Johnson took 59 wickets in eight Tests at 15.23 and 21 wickets in 16 ODIs at 33.04. Meanwhile, de Villiers had scored 963 runs in ODIs at 60.18 with four centuries.
Ballance, meanwhile, made his debut in January at Sydney at the tail-end of England’s woeful Ashes campaign and went on to establish himself as the team’s new No. 3 during the home season where he scored 704 runs at 70.04 in seven Tests against Sri Lanka and India.